I guess it might be the best way to celebrate my birthday: shopping + nature.

Not long ago I was excited to learn that the famous British drugstore Boots have branch shops in the Nederlands and I was eager to know what they offer. I was especially interested in A'kin or Trilogy Rosehip Oil (Boots in the UK do carry it, so why not in the Nederlands?), so I didn't go to Germany on my birthday but instead went to Holland especially for Boots.

As you know the neighbourhood where I live is not very nice, so it's an eye-candy to see beautiful towns like Heide full of fairytale-like villas and green field and tidy bicycle path, and in Holland, it's beautiful and tidy everywhere, even in the train station! And everywhere was quiet! No screaming youth, no crying babies. It had a certain serenity that I'm dying to have in my neighbourhood, and it also brought back some childhood memories.

Holland should also be an ideal place for shopping next to my number first destination Germany, cause it has a larger selection cosmetics-wise and has a lower VAT, plus it's not far from Belgium, in 25 minutes I'm already in Holland...! :-D

The town we went is Barendrecht, a tiny weeny cozy lovely gem in the southern Holland. I can't believe, while Boots is only available in few cities in Holland, Barendrecht is one of them. :-)

Ponds and rivers are everywhere and ducks are also to be seen. The sun shone upon the crystal clear water and made the whole town quite dreamy, and flowers are also not to be missing either. I doubted if it was paradise.

Thanks to Joeri's perfect orientation we found the shopping street in 10 minutes (it would take lifetime for me, I lost my way hundred times in Antwerpen already...!!!).

Boots in Barendrecht was actually quite disappointing and boring, they had a very small assortment, more like a normal drugstore, there you could only find their own brands such as No.7 etc. They didn't have what I wanted, they didn't even heard of it (but they were very helpful), so I went away empty handed. I only spent less than 3 minutes in the shop, I didn't even bother to have a look around. But never mind, Joeri will go to China anyway and I'll ask him to buy my precious oil. :-D

For those of you who are interested in the products, search A'kin (unlisted brand) Rosehip Oil or Trilogy Rosehip Oil and you'll understand why I'm so crazy about them. :-)

And then we had a short walk in the shopping street, I had a look in almost all the shops. :-P

Living in Barendrecht is truly an enjoyment...! I haven't seen a town quite as cozy as this one yet. I'm sure I'll come here again. :-)

On the way back, we got off at Heide, I love nature and would love to have a walk in the forest there. The fresh air and the woody scent did me good.



I just got a big nasty pimple 2 days before my birthday and it's still on my face as of now...! Very heartbroken...!



Embrace my 27th year...

0 评论:

Post a Comment

About this blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a Chinese living in Belgium, gothic and random minded.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Search